Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation - Episode 1 Screenshots



Ok the thing about the PSO2 anime is you probably need to be a fan of the Phantasy Star Online games to enjoy it. The in-game sequences are great. The high school life part..... not so great. I would have much preferred the story not be presented in such a "breaking the 4th wall" style.

In fact I'd really liked to have seen a story from the original PSO game animated, such as the plights of Red Ring Rico and how the people of the first ship became devoured by Falz.

But lets get back on track and accept this for what it is. The opening part of the anime seems to show a flash-foward to a later in-game battle and then flips back to the real world. These kids are going to a school quite literally named Sega and the student council has to submit reports on PSO2, for some presently unknown reason. (Kinda reminds me of the Sega Hard Girls show). The main character Itsuki Tachibana then starts playing PSO2 for the first time after joining the student council. You have to suffer the real world story for around 15 minutes before you actually get back to the game scenes.

I have taken the liberty of skipping all the boring school stuff and only showing you images of the PSO2 related stuff. Enjoy~





Will Kuna make an appearance in the show or just the opening?











Hi Sonic, I see you there.





This guy took seconds in character create. I take hours.
I would like to say that PSO2 has the best character create I've ever used in any game.



He obviously picked a HUmar.































Trying to look foreboding doesn't work when you've got a cute as fuck Rappy Mag.



I wish I could do assignments on PSO.


Ok maybe it was all worth is for the cute dancing Rappy's in the end credits.





Next week, online stalkers follow you to the bathroom!

Here is episode 1 of Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation for you to watch~

Comments